Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Parisian Shower: Patisserie/Streamer Display

Dessert display tables are all the rage right now and I knew that I had to make one for this Parisian theme. Here were a few that I liked and found on Pinterest.




I don't draw. It is not a talent of mine. However, when I saw this picture on Pinterest I knew I HAD to have it. But I also had to draw it....


And so I went to my local craft store and bought a large sheet of paper. Of course, I had a coupon, so instead of paying $8.99, it was a measly $4.50! The rest of the materials needed were pencils and markers that I already possessed. 

I cannot say that this was my best drawing. In fact I know I could have done better, but my lazy behind started drawing the morning of the shower, so... in that case... it was best! :)

I wonder if you see my mistake...

With the drawing done, I realized the rest of the wall would be blank. That would not do. Again looking for a cheap way to decorate the walls I found steamers decorations...like this:



Perfection! I bought the streamers from The Dollar Tree in pink, white and black. $3. (I also acquired my tape from there as well...) 

Here is a sneak peak of the shower, and how the display and streamers came together! LOVED it!



(Sorry about how dark the pics are...taken from my phone)

This was one of my FAVORITE displays. With the colorful entree and desserts that we had, everything came together beautifully! It was a nice spread! The bride loved it!

(My sister suggested an awesome idea of providing an estimated price point of what items may cost if you have not already acquired them. So from now on I will be showing you not only what I spent, but ultimately what it could cost, with all the materials needed. Please note: most of the items I buy with a coupon, and those prices will reflect that as well!)

Patisserie Display
Large Sheet of paper: $4.50
Markers, Pencils: $0 {Dollar Tree: $1-$2}
Total: $4.50 {Estimated Cost: $5.50-$6.50}

Streamer Display
Pink, black & white streamers: $3
Tape: $1
Total: $4

Absolutely cannot wait to show you the entirety of how everything came together! But first I will show you how I did some signage and how it became the City of Lights! Real easy! Hope you keep reading! Comment if you like!

Blessings,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment