Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Parisian Shower: Centerpieces: City of Light!

Feeling very accomplished with the flowers that were made, I still felt the decor was lacking something. I wanted it to say Paris: romance in spring. I thought about Paris and how it is also called the City of Light. Therefore, candles definitely came into play. I wanted candles as centerpieces and lights all around the room.

First, I called upon the bridal party and family members to see if they had any white christmas lights. They definitely came through! We had more than enough to go around the whole room! That was easy!

The centerpieces were another matter. Fortunately, I had low floating glass bowl vases that I had from my wedding. I myself had one in my possession, other friends and families had the others. I did want some kind of height for the centerpieces, and thought large martini vases would do nicely. I would fill the vases with water and add floating candles to bring romantic light to each table.

I found the martini vase at A.C Moore. I am a member, so I continuously look for coupons. There was one particular week where I had a 55% off any one regular priced item. I needed 4. So each day I printed out the coupon and bought a vase. They cost $7.14 ea, therefore I spent $28.56 on 4 martini vases.
{via}

Next were floating candles, and a pack of fifty came out to be $2.59. We sprinkled some fake flower petals and viola! Centerpieces were finished!

Here is another sneak peek!




It felt very romantic to me! They came out so cute!


Centerpieces
4 Martini vase: $28.56 {A.C. Moore}
4 Floating Glass Bowl: $0 {A.C. Moore/Walmart: $2-3}
Floating candles: $2.59 {Micheals}
Flower petals: $1 {Dollar Tree}
Total:  $32.15 {Estimated Cost: $32-$37}

White Christmas Tree lights: $0 {Estimated Cost: $3-4/ea}


Next post... signs!

Blessings,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is sooo nice! I would have never thought to use martini glasses as a center piece. So simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete