Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Parisian Shower: DIY Flowers

I was very excited, earlier this year, when one of my closest friends, was getting married and I was asked to be the matron of honor. This meant I, as well as the bridesmaids, were in charge of the wedding shower, and the Parisian theme seemed to fit the couple perfectly! We wanted it to have a feel of a Parisian cafe in the spring... so I was thinking flowers would be a great start.

Wracking my brain of how to make this come alive, I scoured Pinterest and I found coffee filter flowers. The one I attempted was from here. I went to the Dollar Store and bought coffee filter and floral wire. I already had in my possession a glue gun and floral tape.

The color theme of the shower had to have pink! (The bride's favorite color!) I already had pink paper tissue in hand, so I found a small plate and traced a few circles on the tissue paper and repeated the steps for the coffee filters. That way I didn't have to food color the filters to get the color I needed. I sent some pics to the bridesmaids to see what they thought! Thumbs up all around!

As you can see I was watching TV...


I also fell in love with these paper roses I also found on Pinterest.


The roses are from the Elli blog which I love! It has awesome templates. The rose template is one of my favorites. Luckily I had all the materials I needed for this project! (I had a great amount of card stock from my wedding) You just print those bad boys out, cut, curl, fold and glue, and viola! Lovely paper roses! Love them! I decided to use these flowers as part as the centerpieces. I made about 3-4 per table and they were in pink and white!

Coffee Filter Flowers
Coffee filter: $1
Floral wire: $1
Floral tape: $0
Glue gun & glue: $0
Total: $2

Elli Handmade Paper Rose Flower
Card stock: $0
Skewer: $0
Glue gun/glue: $0
Total: $0

I only spent $2 total on the flower projects! It still makes me smile!

I'm glad I was able to share this process with you! I hope you like! Comment if you like!

Blessings,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment