Monday, October 28, 2013

A Parisian Shower- Toilet Paper Roll Party Favors (Merci Beau coup!)

This project was one of my favorites.

I truly do not care for party favors in general. I know that they are small gifts to give thanks for those attending the event. However, I do believe that it can be an unnecessary expense. In my experience most people do not even realize if they do not receive one! Therefore, if I was to do it, I decided that I definitely did not want to spend a great deal on the favors. But of course they had to be cute!

I had been finishing a project that involved toilet paper rolls and I still had many rolls left over. I began to research what I can do with the rolls when I came across this picture on Pinterest.
Click Here
I read the blog's instructions and I found it to be easy enough. My first action was to find the perfect scrapbook paper. At the craft store I found some nice ones. What caught my eye was a glittered pink swirl paper, but the price turned my eye away. It was 99 cents. This may not seem steep to you, but by my calculations, I was to spend $20 on the scrapbook paper alone... we were expecting 50-75 people. I just couldn't do that.

Luckily, it was the holiday season, and I came across some gorgeous wrapping paper for $2. This was a lot more satisfying! Although it wasn't pink, the paper still matched the color scheme we were going for (pink, black, white, with a touch of silver)!





I decided to do round printable labels that I found at the craft store. I had a coupon for them and ended up spending only $2 for about 50 labels. I also used a coupon for the Mod Podge, and it came up to be $3.29. Lastly, the pink ribbon I found at a dollar store.

With those extra supplies, pink Merci beau coup labels were printed, and I created slits at the top and bottom to weave the pink ribbon seamlessly through to tie around the favors! The lovely maid of honor purchased Hershey Kisses to fill! We ended up making a lot more than we needed, so I'm glad in the end I did not spend much on them. If I could change one thing, it would be to make the words much larger!
Amanda Elizabeth Photography

Toilet Paper Roll Merci Beau coup Favors
Toilet Paper Rolls: $0 (I gathered over time)
Wrapping paper:$2
Mod Podge (including sponge): $3.29
Labels: $2
Pink Ribbon: $1
Hershey Kisses: ? (maid of honor purchased)
Total: $9.29

Fifty party favors, for nine dollars, excluding the Hershey Kisses??? Not to shabby!

Blessings,
Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment