Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Parisian Shower: Signs/Banners!

Hi everyone! Today, I wanted to finish off the projects I did with the Parisian Shower with signs! Signs or banners are very important to me. I don't really know why, but I believe they bring a sense of stability in decorations and easy eye access to where things should be. This may not make sense to you, but I really couldn't go on without making any banners for this shower!

What made me excited was that I literally did not spend a dime to make them! (cheesy smile). Technically I did buy the materials from other projects that I decided not to trash. So, though I didn't spend anything for this project I will definitely show you the estimated cost.

The reality, to me, is that signs are really easy to make. In my experience you either stencil or you just print. I decided to print away all the letters I needed. I made three signs in total. A friend of the bride actually purchased the template from Etsy (love this site), and I printed it out. It was a banner for the entrance of the room. It came from Frosting and Ink, the French Collection.

 


She sent me the pdf to print, and I took a picture for her in my living room. Loved the banner and actually wanted one for myself!


It came out so well! The banner said Cafe de Altidor...their future last name! Too cute! On the day of the shower, while I was putting it up, people told me that it wasn't grammatically correct...bummer...but I still put it up. (Those haitians were probably shaking their heads at my attempt)

Any who, I also downloaded templates from the Martha Stewart site. It was for the gift table. The banner template that I used was the circular template, and I had silver doilies from a past event that were saved. I cut the template out and taped them against the doilies. Lastly, I weaved the pink ribbon through the holes of the doily to hang! Fini!

The bottom sign says cadeaux. It means gifts!
Lastly, I had a frame that I purchased from the Dollar Store and I printed out in Word: La Petite Boulangerie. It was where we had a bread and cheese station!


You see that crack? Had to hide it with a paper flower...

Entrance banner:
Frosting and Ink, the French Collection: $15
Total: $0 {Estimated Cost: $15}

Gift Table Banner:
6-10 Silver Doilies: $0 {Local Craft Store:1 pk: $3-4}
Pink printing paper: $0 {$2-3/ pk of 50-100}
Tape
Pink Ribbon: $0 {Dollar tree: $1)
Total: $0 {Estimated Cost: $6-8}

La Petite Boulangerie Sign:
Picture frame: $0 {Dollar Tree: $1}
Printing paper: $0 {Local Craft Store: $2-3/pk 50-100}
Total: 0 {Estmated Cost: $3-4}

* Please Note: Assuming you already have printing paper, this will not cost you anything. However, I gave the estimated cost of the paper unless you do not have them on hand! They should last you several projects!

VERY excited about the next post! It will be the reveal of the Parisian Shower and how my projects all came together! Au revoir!

Blessings,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment