Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Food Theme Wedding Shower: Placemat/ Doily Charger

Happy Tuesday! I wanted to share a few projects that were done for my sister's shower! This was one of my favs!


We decided on a foodie themed shower. It was appropriate since my sister and her- then- fiance LOVE food. I saw this doily charger from marthastewartweddings.com and I wanted it!



I thought I would make placemats that said Eat, Drink, and be Married! It would add decor to the table and tie the theme together!

The first picture above was my favorite design, but it was difficult to imagine how it would be transfered onto a doily placemat. Although it was time consuming (we were expecting 50-75 guests), I literally traced the wording onto each paper doily I found at Christmas Tree Shop. I just printed the image from online and enlarged to fit the doily. (Thankfully the doily was sheer enough to see through!) I traced first with pencil, and colored away with markers!

What I love most about them was that they were different colors! I knew it would pop against the tables!












So easy! I absolutely love them! They make me smile!

Cost Breakdown:
Paper Doily Placemat
12 inch Paper Doilies (12/pack): $1.29 x 6: $7.74
Pencil & Markers: Already Had
Total: $7.74

Next up...Candy Centerpieces!

Blessings,
Sara

8 comments:

  1. Hey, these food theme wedding shower photos. I had a nice time reading through this post. Even I am going to host a wedding shower for my best friend. I want to make it really fun and beautiful so would prefer booking the roof top rental spaces for parties for that bash.

    ReplyDelete