Saturday, January 18, 2014

Food Theme Wedding Shower: Candy Centerpieces

The second project that I did for my sister's food theme shower were the candy centerpieces! I know that candy is not actually food, but it was the closest thing to food, and I knew that everyone would appreciate! Plus the couple also loves candy!

(Please excuse the darkness of the pictures...my camera at the time was my phone...)


I was uber excited to get these candy centerpieces done! It was actually pretty simple. Most of the material I already had on hand. But I am very glad that my sister, and I did some forward thinking in terms of shopping for candy! About three days after Halloween, we went to Walmart to get bulk candy. Everything was discounted, on sale or in clearance, and we literally only had $20 bill. It was perfect!

The foam balls and small vases were actually from my wedding! All I did was take the Dum- Dum lollipops and stuck it right into the foam ball. No glue needed.


One of my favorite elements were the small doilies that I inserted. To be honest I wanted to give a little space on the foam ball, because I wasn't sure if I had enough candy. However, I did like that it played on the elements of the placemats that were created! I went to the local craft store and bought them. I also had extra push pins and used them for the center of the doily. I did want them to resemble flowers.

I did notice that the push pins would not stay, so I dabbed a bit of hot glue with my glue gun to ensure they stayed put.



I definitely had some serious help! Thanks Bunns!




Please excuse the mess, but I also wanted to show you how we did with the mini snickers candy centerpieces! Love love LOVE!



I wanted to see how it would look with the placemats that we did! We made 8 centerpieces. Altogether beautiful!



Cost Breakdown:
(8) Candy Centerpieces
Foam balls: Already Had {AC Moore, Michael's: $2-$4/ea w? 40% off coupon}
Vases: Already Had {Dollar Tree: $1/ea}
Candy: $20 {Walmart}
Small Doilies: $1.99 {AC Moore}
Pins: Already Had {Dollar tree: $1}
Glue Gun: Already Had
Total: $21.99

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,
Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment